We believe in protecting the beautiful environment of Mt. Ruapehu that we live in and enjoy, and want to ensure that both our children and your children and grandchildren can visit and enjoy it too...
Ohakune Court Motel has been working in a project for a more sustainable tourism in Mt. Ruapehu area to ensure that our business and guest experience can be the best through a sustainable environment viewpoint.Currently we hold the Bronze award for our efforts and still working towards a Silver one. We will try to actively reduce any adverse effects through buying wisely, using resources efficiently, disposing of waste responsibly, and providing an environmentally and socially responsible experience to our guests.
We will be:
- Offering a towel and linen change agreement which ensures you are helping the environment by reducing energy and water use.
- Giving you the opportunity to recycle your rubbish.
- Buying recycle toilet paper made in New Zealand.
- Buying products made in New Zealand.
Eco tips for guests
- Save energy by turning the heating down/off when you don't need it.
- Save energy by switching off the lights when leaving your room.
- Save energy by being careful not to overfill the kettle in your room - use only as much water as you need.
- Save energy, water and detergent by re-using towels instead of having them replaced - hang them up if you'd like to reuse them. Put old towels, which need a wash, on the floor. Your comfort is of great importance to us, so don't feel guilty if you need to change your old towels!
- We'll recycle the waste you leave at the motel wherever we can, but please try to produce as little waste as you can when you're here - buy food with as little packaging as possible, reuse bags, etc.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you have any feedback on any of these items please feel free to talk to ourselves or staff.